The mission of the Governor's Office of Health Enhancement and Lifestyle Planning (GOHELP) is to coordinate and facilitate State health system and policy initiatives by collaborating with state agencies and other public and private stakeholders.
- Serves as a resource to coordinate and facilitate evaluation of health policy activities and initiatives and assist with the coordination of implementation of federal, state and local health initiatives.
- Promotes sharing and dissemination of effective strategies and programs that improve health outcomes.
- Provides advice and recommendations on emerging health issues through the GOHELP Advisory Council and by convening stakeholder meetings.
- Supports the objectives and initiatives of the Governor's Office related to health care delivery and health care service.
- Supports and informs the work of GOHELP's constituent state and local agencies.
- Convenes meetings of health stakeholders and the GOHELP Advisory Council to develop recommendations about health system improvements and health policies.
- Offers recommendations to the Governor and state agencies regarding strategies that could make the state's health system more effective, timely, patient-centered and sustainable.
- Collects advertising expenditure information from pharmaceutical labelers and manufacturers.